Pages 1

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Falls Hottest Trend: Wide Leg Pants: My Favorite Picks

If you haven't already noticed the return of the wide leg pant this fall, well then you have no business reading this blog due to the fact that you must be living under a rock with no access to a computer, magazine, or any sort of human contact.
I personally am a fan of the wide leg pant, and have already invested in 4 pairs. Wow, writing that down makes it so much more real, and surely I'll be kicking myself in t-minus 6 months when Vogue deems wide leg pants are officially OUT. Bummer. BUT, for NOW, I feel great about so let's focus on that! There are some fun things to do with wide legs, I personally recommend keeping them on the long side and wearing with heels. Due to their wideness, they can make one look shorter and wider when shortened and worn with flats. This, of course, is not the case for all of you ladies out there over the height of 5'8"...some of us aren't blessed with the skinny and tall model-esque genes..you can of course wear them with flats and still look tall, thin, and amazing. For those of you like me who lack some inches, leave those babies long and wear with heels. You'll look long and lean, and if they're high waisted, as many of my new wide leg trousers are, your legs appear 100000 miles long when really they're not, and let's be honest..who DOESN'T want that?!?
Here are some of my favorite picks for the season at some different price points for you fashionistas out there...
Also, here's a tip, wide leg trousers and red pants are 2 of the falls hottest trends...do I smell a mix and match situation? I dare say I do. Why not kill two of falls trendiest trends in one!? (that way when they BOTH go out of style at least you won't have invested in both separately! Genius or what? I know right.)
Alice and Olivia Wide Leg Pants from Shopbop.com
I think these are gorgeous. Definitely more difficult to wear given they're extreme wide leg and pleated design, and are not for the faint of heart. But for those of you who like to take risks and go all out, these are the wide legs for you. They drape beautifully and can be seriously dressed up (think cocktail party with beaded shirt, or chunky jewels) which makes them so versatile. They also happen to be 50% off so hurry and get your pair!

Jbrand Bette Wide Leg Trouser in Merlot from Intermix
These I absolutely LOVE (and am wearing today!) They are so comfortable and SO cute. You can get them in denim for a super 70's vibe as well through Jbrand's website. I'm wearing mine with a tucked in black silk shirt, a super drapey Helmut Lang leather jacket, high heels, and some fun bracelets. It's a great pant for day or night!


Zara Palazzo Trousers $59.99 (in red, blue, green, and black)
I personally love these in the green! I think it's a beautiful color for fall. I also love how Zara styled it with an over sized sweater for a sexy, laid back look for day time and definitely work appropriate. They're also easy to dress up with a silkier shirt, heels, and some great jewelry.
Diane Von Furstenberg Rein Ann Wide Leg Pants on Shopbop.com (Black or Red)
DVF, you've done it again. Your impeccable tailoring make me yearn for your store to be my personal closet. These pants need no introduction, nor styling suggestions. They will go with everything, whenever and wherever. Simply beautiful. Check them out in red too, they are absolutely gorgeous!
Nina Ricci Velvet Wide Leg Pant from Netaporter.com
These Nina Ricci's are definitely the most expensive of my picks for the wide leg trouser, but aren't they just beautiful. The crushed green velvet will almost look black in some light, yet with movement show off the hunter green hues that make these pants extremely special. I would pair with sparkles to dress up for an evening on the town or a cocktail party!

There you have it Fashionistas of Chicago...My picks for this falls trendiest trouser, the Wide Leg Pant. Bonus point: the wide leg allows the ability to layer underneath for the frigid winter we have been forecasted to have (ugh)!

Which are your favorites? Are you investing in some wide legs this season??


1 comment: