Pages 1

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Top 10 of my Top 10's...Wait, I'm confused...

Well, well well. I'm baaaack. So sorry for the long delay..I've been in the process of MANY exciting new things that have officially taken over my life and made me far too busy to take time to make ya'll keel over in laughter. One quick thought, I am officially now based in Chicago. I will be back and forth to New York for work, but will be generally based out of Chicago. Horay! However, do not fret, for I have returned. I realize we barely know each other (if any of you are even reading...) so let's get some facts out..

Since we're still just getting to know each other, I thought I'd do another post giving you peeps some more information about me. That is a nice way of saying; I am not going to vent on many things and through it you may learn a thing or two (or 100) new facts about me.
Please be advised, none of the following views are mine (yes they are). I really am not trying to offend anyone (but I might). In any case, I still love you regardless for giving my blog the time of day to read.

Things I Won't Miss About NYC:
1. People who stop in the middle of NYC sidewalks when you (and others) are walking right behind them. I mean...really? All abrupt sidewalk stoppers should take cabs or at least wear mucho padding, as I will not slow down and intend to bump into you full force. And maybe even turn around, get a running start, and bump into you again. You have all been formally forewarned.
2. Dear Cabbies, WHY OH WHY do you ALL decide to go off duty at 4pm-6pm. It is extremely inconvenient. These hours would probably be your busiest, if you would decide to stay on duty. You're still driving around the streets, WHY not pick up a pedestrian who is exhaustively trying to flag you down. Rude.
3. The ridiculously high rent for the ridiculously small amount of space you receive. Really New York City?? Reeaaaally?!
4. Trash on the street and the ever present scent in the summertime. Just ew. No more comments on that.
5. Laguardia Airport. Ew. Dirty, old, smelly, and SLOW. I will not miss the many hours I have spend in that airport or sitting on a plane. JFK it is from now on!
6. Artichoke Pizza. Now here's a little doozy. Artichoke pizza may be my favorite thing in the entire world. Why then, you might ask, is it on my list of things I WON'T MISS. Easy answer. Artichoke pizza is pizza dough that is smothered in warm and creamy spinach artichoke dip and has slices about the size of two heads. The thought of how many calories spent on Artichoke Pizza is absurdly disgusting, and for that reason, I will not miss having it easily at my fingertips..or in this case... in my belly.

While there are some things I will not miss about NYC everyday, there are obviously things I will miss:

7. The always present fashion scene. This includes the display of outfits that turns the sidewalks into runways, to the garment district and all the fabric and trimmings stores that truly make you feel like you are in the center of it all. Also included all the stores and markets that truly made my closet double (or triple echem) in size. Also included is the ability to wear 5 inch heels during the day and feel totally normal.
8. The endless dining options and exploring abilities
9. The energy the city has that yes, can be exhausting, but also exhilarating.
10. Hearing Jay-Z's "New York" will truly never be the same when not actually living in NYC


A Few Fashion No-No's:
1. Tights and gym shoes
2. Tights in the summer
3. Jean skirts (in general) but especially with gym shoes
4. Bras that don't fit or No bra at all if you're bigger than an AAA- No one wants to see any of that mess ladies
5. Walking around in bikinis when not at the beach or pool. Police should give tickets to sidewalk bikini walkers. It's not attractive and most likely you're not Gisele Bundchen, and don't look as good as you might think...on the sidewalk at least...ON the beach or AT the pool you definitely look JUST like our gal Gigi so go for it.
6. Cheaply made clothing that is falling apart..it's time to stop wearing that ripped up, stained t shirt. Please.
7. Not quite mini but definitely not midi length skirts with large whale or turtle or any other type print. Usually this includes pastel colors and a cable knit sweater around the shoulders. Uh..no. It's not cute. It's just..not.
8. Leggings that are too thin and show what's underneath. Ladies out there, please check your back side in the mirror if you're wearing leggings before you leave the house. Patterned undies are not cute to see under there, and even worse is a thong that you think is helping but in actuality it just presenting your ass to the streets. Leggings I recommend so as not to face this problem: David Lerner, Vince, Victoria Secret, American Apparel (however watch these ones, after too much wash and wear they begin to thin).
9. Men who can't dress. All of them have girlfriends, moms, sisters, or friends. That's you guys. Help a brotha out.
10. Streaky, chunky highlights. That was SEMI cool in the 90's and it is faaar past being in any way attractive. Get it fixed.

10 General Things I love:
1. My family, friends, and my puppy (pics of my little nugget to come..don't you worry)
2. Fashion and all things related. ie shopping, scouring shopping websites w/o purchasing anything, reading fashion blogs, Barneys New York, sample sales, etc etc etc..I seriously could go on for a long time but  don't want to bore you)
2. Pennies. Especially old ones and ones you find heads up.
3. Blue Print Cleanse. Makes me feel AMAZING and also tastes GREAT. The best cleanse, and I would recommend to anyone!!
4. Dancing. Wherever, whenever. Always a good time.
5. Starbucks. How does one live without?
6. My Iphone. Again, how does one live without?
7. Bead stores. Specifically Beadniks in Chicago on W Division. A great place to collect goodies and make your own jewelery. They also offer classes if you're new and interested!
8. Rachel Zoe. I die for her closet AND her new clothing line AND her show AND her AND everything that has to do with her.
9. SHOES. Enough said.
10. Wine and French fries....duh...you knew this was coming. But really...can't go wrong here.

10 Blogs I Just Can't Seem to Keep my Browser Off:
1. ManRepeller.com- because we all needed someone to show us how to make fupa jeans cool
2. TheSartorialist.com- because..well..DUH
3. Thestyletribe.com- because of it's eclectic mix of styles in Chitown
4. TheBlondeSalad.com- because, well, the girls got style, and let's face it, I want to own everything she owns.
5. Chistreetstyle.com- Focusing on Chicago Street Style is A-OK with me! Let's see what's out there
6. Refinery29.com- does this count as a blog? oh well, i'm adding it. It's awesome. That's all.
7. Honestlywtf.com- If not for the DIY tips then follow for the beautiful and inspiring photos posted.
8. Psimadethis.com- Another DIY must
9. Thecut- NY times fashion blog. A must read.
10. Fashionologie.com- Well organized and up to date style advice and trend watching.

10 Places I Like to Spend my Moolah$$
1. Barneys New York- to ogle the things I can't afford and settle on the things I can
2. Intermix- for similar reasons as the above
3. Sofia- for a great mix of vintage and new and brands you can't find other places
4. Shopbop.com- for the largest selection of styles and brands, and, let's be honest, the free 3 day shipping and free returns ain't hurtin' them either! Am I right ladies?!
5. Net-a-porter.com and theoutnet.com- for beautiful clothes, and great deals (on the latter of course)
6. Modaoperandi.com- for the ability to buy off the runway and split payments in 2 (one right away and one when it ships) not only does this make me feel less guilty about buying things as the price APPEARS lower, but also allows for my bank account to not be ravaged all at once :) Every penny counts!
7. Zara- for the stylish, well made clothing at unbeatable prices.
8. Topshop- (YAYYY, welcome to CHICAGO!) for some fun and flirt, also great prices. AAAAND..have you checked out their shoes!? I don't haaaate iiiit.
9. Furla- Great purses at great prices. And some of the best wallets I have found.
10. Vince- The coziest of the cozy sweaters, and the hottest leather leggings!
(okay I lied, I'm adding a FEW MORE)
11. 900 Shops Including Bloomingdales- a great mix of brands and the department store as well. Always a good time.
12. Randolph Street Marker- A great place for vintage jewels and clothing, as well as art and furniture!
13. Gramercy Project- For any of you nyc-ers out there. It's a great, cute little place with some awesome stuff
14. Brooklyn Flea Market- A great place to find new and upcoming designers as well as vintage fun things! If you're up for the trip...

I'm sure I'll  be adding more to these in due time....

Now that you know all these random facts about me, let Wine and Fries TRULY begin. Expect more posts and tweeting. Expect fun things, and always a good laugh.
Thanks for reading!
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment